The moon cactus lives on another cactus. They get food from a healthy host. You may wonder why a moon cactus needs fertilizer. In fact, using fertilizer for moon cactus not only helps moon cactus bloom but also helps its host cactus.
As a cactus gardener, I know how important it is to choose the right fertilizer for your moon cactus. Don’t worry, I am here to share with you my immense knowledge and research on fertilizers over the years.
I have a great list of best fertilizers for moon cactus and luckily all are currently available on the Amazon marketplace.
This article will be helpful because it would be very equipped with the six best fertilizer’s key features, pros and cons, buying guide, and some FAQ.
Best Fertilizer Lists For moon Cactus
I really hope you have time to read this article so you can get confident about which one is the best fertilizer for your moon cactus. If you’re too busy with something else and don’t have enough time, don’t worry. Here I am to reduce your tension by making a quick summary of fertilizers.
Best Instant Feeds to Soil: Miracle-Gro Succulent Plant Food, 8 oz., For Cacti 5,003 ratings
Best Granular Fertilizer: Succulents & Cactus Plant Food – Slow Release Fertilizer (Liquid Alternative) for Cacti
Best for hardy in texture host cactus: Cute Farms Succulent, Cacti, & Aloe Fertilizer
Best NPK nutrients: Humboldts Secret Base A & B Bundle –Liquid Nutrient/Fertilizer for Indoor Plants
Mre micronutrients supplier: Miracle-Gro Indoor Plant Food Spikes,- Continuous Feeding for all Flowering and Foliage Houseplants
Granular type Fertilizer: Leaves and Soul Succulent Fertilizer Pellets Slow Release Pellets for All Cactus and Succulents
Cactus fertilizers are made of different ingredients like organic and inorganic. Here, I am going to share some insight, into which ingredients of fertilizer, you should use in your moon cacti garden. Hope it will save your time and tension.
Natural vs. non-natural
- I am a lover of nature and a pure environment. That’s why I always prefer to use organic fertilizer.
- Organic fertilizer is safer than inorganic fertilizer for your future generation.
- The more important point is that your moon cactus loves to absorb slowly organic nutrients for its health and beauty.
Slow Release vs. Quick Release
Nitrogen is the very vital ingredient for the growth of moon cacti. The good news is that slow-release fertilizer has more nitrogen than quick-release fertilizer. Again another side effect of quick-release fertilizer is that it will burn out your cacti roots. Because quick-release fertilizer has salts that draw the moisture out of cacti roots.
Liquid Fertilizer Vs Granular
- Moon cactus fertilizers can be sold either in liquid form, as a powder, or in granules.
- As cacti gardeners, you should know the difference between liquid fertilizers and powders. For example, liquid fertilizer is a solution that contains an active ingredient. Another type of fertilizer is a powder, which needs to be mixed with water in order to be watered into the potting medium of your plant.
- Liquid fertilizers are the most effective type of fertilizer as they provide the nutrients to plant roots quickly. They can also wash away easily and so repeated applications may be necessary.
- Granules are a popular option for growing plants. They provide easy, yet effective nutrition to your plants and can be applied directly to the soil or potting medium. They will provide slow-release nutrients. Granules can provide nutrition for up to nine months.
My Best Moon Cactus Fertilizer Picked
- Miracle-Gro is a plant food that instantly feeds plants. It works well with both hardy and tender varieties of moon cactus.
- You’ll be able to grow a variety of moon cacti with the help of this kit.
- The instant feed will ensure your plants get the nutrients they need to begin growing more quickly.
- Able to apply directly to the soil or can mix with water. And enjoy the growth and blooming of your moon cacti.
- Miracle-Gro has become a leader in the plant food industry thanks to the intricate recipes that ensure plant health.
Thanks to Miracle-Gro; the formula is designed for all cacti, jade, aloe, and other popular succulents.
- Ability to feed all kinds of cacti and succulents.
- The instant feed technology allows your moon cacti to start to benefit from the fertilizer without having to wait for long.
- Moon cacti can be fed every two weeks to ensure they stay healthy.
- Too much fertilizer can be sprayed too hard, causing unintended consequences that are not good for the land and the water systems.
A light application is an essential component of a successful garden. It’s important to choose the right one for your needs, but also to know what to avoid. A balanced mix of essential nutrients with low NPK rates to gently feed your live cacti and succulents.
This option is best because it lasts long and is ready to use. It serves for 9 months. Perfect for moon cactus pots with pumice, pebbles, gravel, perlite, and other organic potting soil mixes.
Liquid fertilizer is a bit wasteful and expensive. Instead of spending money on liquid fertilizer, use this liquid alternative in a spray bottle. Just add water, shake well and mix with the desired amount of fertilizer to achieve the same results.
Works great on houseplants where sprinklers will take too long to adjust and too much water can quickly dry the plant if necessary.
The product name is perfect for all cacti plants- moon cactus, saguaro, Christmas cactus, aloe vera, the string of pearls, desert rose, jade, plumeria, burros tail.
- Easy to use because of granular formula feeds.
- A great source of the liquid alternative.
- Fit for all types of cacti and succulents.
- Need water before using.
Cute Farms Succulent Fertilizer is for the most indoor and outdoor plants, including moon cacti. It provides just the right amount of fertilizer to keep your plant healthy and produces vivid colors.
- Made for succulents, cacti, and aloe – Plant Fertilizer Gentle Monthly Use Formula.
- Apply Soil (a plant nutrient) to your plants at the base once a month or before you routinely water them.
- Easy Pump Bottle – helps you measure out an optimal amount of fertilizer.
- VALUE – This product can sustain up to one year as a diet for one plant with each 8 oz. bottle.
- Fertilizer can be easily applied to a plant by pumping one or two squirts of the solution at the base of the plant.
- Ideal for those who own moon cactus grafting that is hardy in texture. They are easy to maintain and require very little water, but they just need to be used once a month.
- Fertilizer can be applied easily to the soil by pumping one or two squirts.
- High price point
The Complete Macronutrient Profile for Plant Nutrition includes five types of nutrients necessary for plant growth. They recommend application with every watering for maximum results. Their clean-running formula is suitable for any type of growing medium. Base nutrients are the building blocks of all plant life. Thousands of home and commercial cacti growers use Humboldts Secret Grow & Bloom Base System.
- Follow the directions on the package to use the product at equal rates throughout its entire growing cycle.
- Their Complete Macronutrient Profile For Plant Nutrition contains all the nutrients needed for flowering plants and indoor plants, in a complete bundle.
- Their formula is compatible with all growing media, including soil, hydroponics, and aquatic-plant systems.
- Their two-part system is both commercial-grade and garden-friendly. It uses quality ingredients that are 100% water-soluble and ph-balanced for ease of use.
- Not lots of feedbacks.
- Not a lot of information online.
- Some ingredients are undisclosed.
Miracle-Gro has made it easy to decorate your house with indoor plants with their Indoor Plant Food Spikes. Just insert the spike in moist soil, and watch your favorite plant thrive. Your home will be bright and cheerful.
Miracle-Gro Indoor Plant Food Spikes are ideal for feeding all indoor plants, including cacti, ficus, snake plants, croton, spider plants, and pothos
- Feed all flowering and foliage houseplants for up to 2 months.
- Safe for all houseplants when used as directed.
- Ideal for continuous feeding of houseplants.
- Spike design supplies nutrients straight to the roots, where it is most needed.
- No wasteful runoff, no mess, and odor-free.
- Include the Miracle Aerator applicant.
This Succulent Fertilizer by Leaves and Soul gives your moon cactus what it needs to grow well!
There are many factors that help the plant grow. It is effective at a number of stages, from being beginner-friendly to providing high-quality plant growth. This fertilizer helps cacti grow better and provides excellent nutrition.
Their 6-month timed-release fertilizer provides an extended period of time with a low amount of waste and little upkeep.
Succulent tree fertilizer pellets can be used on just about any type of cactus, or epiphyte plant. It is also great for seedlings and mature plants.
This 5.2 oz, resealable fertilizer bag will be appreciated by an environmentalist, by gardener who wants to preserve the pellets for a long time to come. It also provides a safe storage location that is dry so you can think about future days without ruining the stored product.
For peace of mind, they guarantee their products. If you’re not satisfied, they’ll give you a full refund.
- A nourishing environment provider like excellent plant support helps improve absorption and nutrient uptake.
- Balanced ready to use. No extra adjustment is necessary.
- This fertilizer blend is suitable for every variety of succulents and cacti.
- Helps to drain out excess water easily.
- Limited information on labels.
To ensure you don’t have any disappointment when the product arrives, consider certain factors before making any purchase. These factors include:
- what other people are saying about it and if there’s anything unusual going on such as a promotion or discount.
- You want to make sure it meets your expectations and is going to provide an overall pleasant experience.
- whether the product will be worth the cost and in what environment it would be used.
- Always think about what plants you are feeding, the size of the bottle, and your budget before you buy fertilizer. Once you have weighed these factors against your own needs and requirements, you’ll be able to make a firm decision with confidence.
Do You Need to Fertilize the Moon Cactus Regularly?
You should feed your moon cactus plant with a cactus fertilizer every month during its growing season (April to September). After that, you need to suspend feeding your moon cactus plant for the rest of the year so it can grow in the winter.
Do I Need to Fertilize my Moon Cactus to Bloom?
They need a little help from their friends – fertilizer and water.
If you have a moon cactus, it is important to know how much fertilizer and water it needs to bloom. Failure to provide the right amount of nutrients and water can lead to the death of your plant.
- Explore the layering of textures and use a variety of light sources to create nuanced compositions that are visually and textually captivating.
- Plant your moon cactus in well-draining soil with good drainage.
- Water your moon cactus very occasionally.
- Place your moon cactus in a warm environment to help it thrive, and avoid excess watering.
How Big Can a Moon Cactus Get with Proper Fertilization?
Depending on the rootstock, Moon Cacti can vary in height and diameter. Moon cacti reach a height of 8 to 14 inches and have 8 to 14 ribs with a diameter between 1.1 and 1.9 inches.
What Are the Different Types of Moon Cactus Fertilizers?
Moon cactus is a succulent type of plant that needs to be fertilized with a specific type of fertilizer.
There are three types of fertilizers for moon cactus:
- granular and
The liquid fertilizer is applied directly to the soil and the granular one can be mixed with other ingredients in the soil to make it more fertile. The powder fertilizer is mixed with water and poured into the pot.
The benefits of using moon cactus fertilizers include giving your plants a healthy start, making them look attractive, increasing their growth rate, and ensuring that they are well-nourished.