Prickly Pear Green Tea
Prickly Pear Green Tea is a great way to enjoy the health benefits of green tea while adding a unique twist. Prickly pear concentrate is made from prickly pear cactus, a succulent that has been used for centuries in medicine and food. The drink has a tangy taste and is full of antioxidants and vitamin C which are good for your immune system!
- 1 tbsp Prickly Pear Nectar
- 8 oz. Your Favorite Green Tea
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
In a 10oz. glass mix:
- 1 tbsp. Arizona Cactus Ranch Prickly Pear Nectar,
- 8 oz. of your favorite green tea,
- Juice 1 lemon and ice.
- Stir and enjoy!
Some Prickly Pear Cactus Tea available on Amazon.com
Editor’s Choice: Best: Tazo Foragers Prickly Pear Cactus Tea.
- TAZO Herbal Tea gives you a pleasing combination of prickly pear and hibiscus that work together to brighten your day.
- Packed with flavor and nutrients, this invigorating concoction is makes for a great way to enjoy both the sweet prickly pear and tart hibiscus flavors that are packed into every cup of iced tea. You’ll be surprised by how relaxing it is to drink!
- TAZO Prickly Pear Cactus Herbal Tea is perfect for enjoying iced or piping hot in the morning. It is a glistening concoction of exotic fruit flavor that will pique your taste buds and make you feel refreshed with every sip. The key lies in TAZO’s original prickly pear cactus gathered straight from the farm to infuse every can with sweet and refreshing juiciness more satisfying than any other tea on the market today!
- Ingredients are sourced responsibly and Kosher Certified.
PREMIUM INGREDIENTS – Hibiscus Flowers, Rose Hips, Chicory Root, Chamomile Flower, All Natural Flavor, Dried Wildcrafted Prickly Pear Fruit Pieces (Prickly Pear Cactus Fruit, Rice)
South Indian Black Tea, All Natural Flavor, Dried Wildcrafted Prickly Pear Fruit Pieces (Prickly Pear Fruit, Rice), Safflower Petals.
The delicious spicy notes from the prickly pear tea compensate well with the earthy smooth notes of the black tea.
It is a warm balance between an earthy English or Oolong black tea and a sweeter Lady Gray.
Young Hyson Tea, Wildcrafted Prickly Pear Fruit Pieces, All Natural Flavor, Safflower Petals
- The Prickly Pear green tea is very aromatic.
- Subtle fruity flavor
- . It’s very nice for daytime, due to the caffeine.
Tazo Prickly Pear Cactus Tea Bags are some of my favorite tea bags! Simply pour hot water over them and you have a sweet and citrusy iced tea all ready to enjoy.
My Personal Story with Prickly Pear Tea
Let’s take this cup of tea and explore the different flavors and aromas that it contains. In the tea department recently, I came across a very interesting tea.
I am quite suspicious of this whole thing with mystery boxes and curiosity finally got the better of me.
The packaging proudly declares this is a 100% natural product, along with the fun fact that we get 20 bags for our money, not 25!
On the packaging, we are told that all the ingredients inside are fat-free.
Longleaf green tea, natural prickly pear berry flavor, prickly pear berries in granules.
The manufacturer recommends filling the bag with filtered water that’s been boiled and then cooled slightly to a little below boiling temperature. You should then steep for no more than 4 minutes.
It’s hard to smell anything above the chemical-like aroma that has begun to emanate. It’s a very pleasant undertone in this room and something that I haven’t smelled before.
An interesting aroma began to emerge. One could smell it all the way down the street!
Is It the Right Taste?
The flavor of this tea was quite interesting because you could actually taste the texture. It wasn’t an overbearing flavor, but it wasn’t so faint that it would be missed either. It had a sweet floral-fruity aftertaste which added to its charm.
I’m happy to recommend this blend. I’ve tried other oolong teas before and this one feels different yet the same in a lot of ways that make it exciting. The flavors are similar but still unique. This tea will help give you a nice break from what might be your usual Oolong tea routine!
But I can’t say if it’s the right flavor for you, but I can say that from my experience with these teas, there’s no better way to get something new and different without losing what you love about the past. These will be great for those who feel like their tastes are becoming stale with more options.
“Prickly pear gives green tea a bright and fresh aroma.”
Great Taste, Doesn’t Get Boring
So, green tea with prickly pear is something extraordinary, incomparable with any product in terms of taste. It is impossible to describe how original this is. It does not look like greens, prickly pear berries are slightly sour and have a rare aftertaste. Not cloying, not sweet, not at all, just its own special taste.
It brews perfectly, although the color is very pale, the taste is strong enough to feel it. What is surprising: I usually get bored with a pack of 20 bags quickly, so the bags stay for a long time. But I didn’t get tired of it at all, and I will buy more.
It costs the same as all other such packs, and the taste is much more original.