Cacti are great plants and will do well in your garden if you take care of them. Cactus has been used in other homes decoration because of their unique characteristics. You might praise their sideways glances, but there are times when the cactus might pose a problem to your other plants and flowers, that is why we came up with this list of the 8 best herbicides for cactus.
The best herbicides for cactus, whether you’re a professional landscaper or a gardening fanatic who insists on having the biggest plant collection in all of his neighbors we’ll show you the products that can help your goals come to fruition.
Surfactant for Herbicides is a wetting agent with 80% non-ionic surfactant for increasing the penetration, coverage, and overall effectiveness of almost any herbicide. It helps to reduce drift and runoff by breaking the surface tension of water. This product can be added to most herbicides to enhance their performance.
Surfactants for herbicides can be used with almost all herbicide sprays including Trimec, Atrazine, Brush Killer, and 2, 4-D Amine.
A surfactant is a soap-like chemical compound that reduces the surface tension of water. This enables it to produce a more uniform coverage and penetration of herbicides and weed killers.
- For most Herbicides use: 1 teaspoonful per gallon (1 -2 pints per 100 gallons of spray).
- For Round-up use: 1 Tablespoonful per gallon (2 quarts per 100 gallons of spray).
- For MSMA herbicides use: 1 Tablespoonful per gallon (1-2 quarts per 100 gallons of spray)
- It is very easy to see where sprayed the herbicide mix.
- The surfactant helps the herbicide stick.
- The spray is finer, the Roundup stays mixed better
- It took a little over a week to notice the oriental bittersweet begin to die.
- It’s a game-changer!
- It takes a lot less spraying to get the job done.
- The water-based chemicals are wetter, which means they can get into the oily, waxy or tough skin of the stems and leaves of the plants you’re treating (or taking on).
Green Gobbler 20% Vinegar Weed & Grass Killer | Natural and Organic | 1 Gallon Spray | Glyphosate Free Herbicide—2nd Best
- Green Gobbler is a revolutionary new weed killer that can eliminate any type of weed in just a matter of hours. Expect full desiccation in less than 24 hours. Green Gobbler contains 20% acetic acid. It works to eliminate crabgrass, dandelions, clover weeds, white clover, moss, etc.
- To use it, simply apply it directly to your lawn (or the area where you have weeds). Spread it on with a garden sprayer according to the directions on the bottle. That’s it! Within a few hours, you will see results. Within 24 hours your weeds will be completely dead and ready for removal.
- Perfect for residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural use. Apply where weeds and grasses are not desired. Use on driveways, sidewalks, concrete, mulch beds, pavers, flower beds, parking lots, farmlands, barns, etc. Ready to use right out of the container.
- Most traditional weed killers are made with chemicals that can kill off other plants and animals in the area, but this organic, corn-based product is safe for humans and other living things. Simply spray it on the weeds or grasses and they’ll be gone in just a few days.
- There are no chemicals that can cause cancer. Glyphosate-free. 20 percent formulation is 4 times more powerful than table vinegar. The formula is made solely from ethanol that has been distilled from corn.
- It’s potent vinegar.
- It is safe when used properly.
- It is effective and inexpensive, too.
- The smell is literally strong enough to take your breath away.
- The trigger on the sprayer can be a little bit finicky.
- Green Gobbler vinegar does the job safely, quickly, and effectively.
- The vinegar smell is strong at first but quickly disappeared.
- it’s less expensive than chemical weed killers.
Tenacity Turf Herbicide – 8 ounces—-3rd Best
- Tenacity is a systemic pre-emergence and post-emergence herbicide for the selective contact and residual control of weeds in turfgrasses. Tenacity is a systemic herbicide with pre-emergence and post-emergence activity that controls broadleaf weeds in turfgrass without injuring the turf.
- The Tenacity Brand Weed Preventer is a unique product. When applied as a pre-emergent, weeds absorb Tenacity during emergence from the soil. During this time, the Tenacity Brand Weed Preventer inhibits root and cell division, as well as photosynthesis.
- Target pests: Barnyardgrass, Carpetweed, Chickweed, Clover, Crabgrass (large & smooth), Dandelion, Foxtail, Goosegrass, Henbit, Yellow Nutsedge, Purslane, Thistle, Wild Carrot, and others.
- Active Ingredient: Mesotrione 40%.
- This stuff is magic.
- It’s a slow, starving selective herbicide.
- It does work, and despite it working slowly, it is powerful stuff.
- The syringe is difficult to use in the bottle, but it makes measuring easy.
- This is not a poison, but a chemical that retards the weed from photosynthesizing.
- Great product. Great customer service.
Southern Ag Amine 2,4-D WEED KILLER, 32oz – Quart
- Selective Broadleaf Weed Control.
- For use in pastures & rangeland, lawns, golf courses, cemeteries, parks,& similar ornamental turf.
- The product works great in getting rid of common weeds.
- Took about 2 weeks to see full results.
- Much quicker results than Atrazine, which can take up to 4 weeks to kill, enough time for treated weeds to go to seed.
- Much cheaper than Atrazine, using only 1½ oz/gal, instead of 4½ oz/gal for Atrazine.
- It will not kill weeds in colder temperatures (less than 65 degrees F)
- It really is one of the best products to kill broadleaf weeds.
- Works great (BUT be patient).
Southern Ag Surfactant for Herbicides Non-Ionic, 128oz – 1 Gallon
- A wetting agent that increases coverage & penetration of any herbicide. A wetting agent is a product when added to water can help the herbicide penetrate better into the target plant. The term wetting agent is spreader-sticker and surface tension reducer.
- CONTAINS: 80% non-ionic Surfactant.
- USE: With almost all herbicide sprays including Trimec, Atrazine, Brush Killer, and 2, 4-D Amine.
- To reduce the water’s surface tension to ensure better coverage and greater effectiveness of weed killers.
- This works but you have to be patient.
- Grabs weeds and will not let go.
- A decent price on a gallon.
It works but you have to double the amount for good results.
- It’s like the glue that keeps the poison in place.
- A little goes a long way.
Syngenta 46256 Tenacity 8oz Herbicide, Clear
- Eliminates weeds at seedlings so new grass can flourish.
- Brand name: Syngenta.
- Made in the United States.
- Assembly is not required.
- This stuff is incredible.
- The blue Dye was very helpful.
- Follow the directions exactly and you’ll be ecstatic with the results.
- The bottle is small but very concentrated and packs a punch.
- Do not overspray or it can damage your grass.
- It shows the first signs of progress a week or so after treatment.
Blue Spray Marker – (8 Ounces) – Weed Spray Dye, Herbicide Dye, Fertilizer Marking Dye, Turf Mark and Blue Herbicide Marker, Organic Herbicide Marking
- Easily Marks Grass and Lawns.
- Great with remuda and different herbicides as well as fertilizers & insecticides.
- The blue colorant signifies the location you’ve applied the chemical spray.
- Non-Permanent and Will Not Stain.
- Washes off pretty easily too.
- Packs a color punch.
- Great help in ID’ing completed areas and avoiding wasted re-spray.
- Just have to use it a little.
- It is very expensive and seems to be overpriced.
- It keeps you from tramping through the poisonous chemical you sprayed.
Liquid Harvest Lazer Blue – 32 Ounces – Concentrated Spray Pattern Indicator – Perfect Weed Spray Dye, Herbicide Dye, Fertilizer Marking Dye, Turf Mark and Blue Herbicide Marker
- Mixes are only compatible with water-based solutions. It does not mix with oils or other oil-based.
- The tool easily marks lawns and grasses.
- Mix in pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, and fertilizers.
- Indicates where spray mixes have been sprayed.
- Non-permanent, non-staining.
- Absolutely works flawlessly.
- Dries up to a lighter blue.
- It will stain pretty much all it touches.
- This stuff comes out very dark blue and is extremely obvious while spraying.
- Looks just like the stuff the city uses and works perfectly.
After a ton of research and testing, we’ve compiled an honest-to-goodness list of the top herbicides for cactus. They’re definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a reliable way to control weeds on your cactus farm.
Southern Ag Surfactant for Herbicides is the most popular herbicide for cactus and other invasive plants for one reason: it works. And luckily, it’s safe to apply to most desert plants without much harm occurring.