Have you ever considered growing orchids? When taking care of orchids, you have to remember that they’re a special kind of plant. They require quite a lot of attention when compared to other plants. Sure, they’re beautiful and easy to grow, but you have to treat them differently. Just like any other plant out there, you need to feed them regularly because all plants need nutrients in order to survive. This is what you need in order to make your orchids look amazing. So let’s see what fertilizer offers.
Using the right orchid fertilizer will help to keep your orchids healthy and stress-free, which can really add years to their life expectancy. But with so many types on the market, how do you know which is the right one for you? That’s why we’ve come up with a list of six fertilizers for orchid cactus and the pros and cons to each one.
Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Plant Food Mist, 8 oz., Orchid Food Feeds Plants Instantly, 2 Pack—–Best Overall
- Provides nutrients and moisture instantly for beautiful orchids
- Once a week, apply to roots and growing media
- Instant mist feeding
- Regular watering is not enough. Spray leaves, roots, or growing media once a week to keep them hydrated.
- It is easy to mist plants
- easy-to-use mist feeds plants instantly.
- Provide nutrients and moisture to grow a beautiful orchid.
- Very reasonable price for bag size.
- This product is a miracle worker.
Not actually a coarse mix. Ranges from very large pieces to, essentially, dirt.
Schultz Cactus Plus 2-7-7 liquid Plant Food, 4-Ounce
|4 Fluid Ounces
Schultz Cactus Plus Liquid Food 2-7-7 is a liquid plant food that feeds the roots. It’s good for all succulents, including jade, aloe, cacti, and others.
- Roots need to be fed
- For all Cacti and Other Succulents
- Only 7 drops of water per glass
- It’s a good product, and easy to measure out as the syringe is included in the product.
- The dropper is easy to use and measure into the water.
- There is a noticeable difference in leaf size, color, and sheen after a couple of months of using this regularly.
- . It is easy to use though, thanks to the dropper.
Sun Bulb Company 8305 Better Gro Orchid Plus Bloom Booster Fertilizer, 16-Ounce
- Orchid plus bloom booster fertilizer
- It has a high level of phosphorus and is used to stimulate flowering, increase bloom color, and maximize the size of blooms
- This is the exact mix of nutrients and ingredients that orchids require to produce vibrant, long-lasting blooms.
- No urea Nitrogen
- Professionally formulated fertilizer
- A better gro orchid bloom booster is a urea-free, professionally formulated fertilizer, containing high content phosphorous powerful blooming agent.
- It provides the precise mix of ingredients and nutrients your orchids need to produce beautiful, vibrant, and long-lasting blooms.
- less expensive than other brands.
- This product is GREAT pieces of bark.
- The packaging is not functional & will not close along with the zip fastener.
Cute Farms Succulent, Cacti, & Aloe Fertilizer | Gentle Monthly Use Formula Plant Food (8 oz. Bottle)
- MADE FOR CACTI, SUCCULENTS & ALOE – Plant Fertilizer Gentle Monthly Us Formula.
- APPLY TO SOIL-1-2 pumps at the base of each plant once a month, or just before regular watering
- EASY PUMP BOTTLE – Measures the perfect amount of fertilizer
- VALUE – Each 8 oz. Each 8 oz. bottle can be used to feed a succulent for up to one year.
- Cute Farms Succulent Fertilizer is made specifically for these hardy plants.
- The monthly use formula gives plants just the right amount of fertilizer to stay healthy and produce vibrant colors.
- After soaking the soil in filtered water and lightly fertilizing bi-weekly
- The dispenser is ill-fitting and needs functional attention.
rePotme Orchid Food – Feed ME! MSU Fertilizer – RO/Rain/Tap Water (8 oz)
- The Michigan State Formulation for Orchid Fertilizer is a well-known product.
- Urea-Free Fertilizer for Orchids.
- Recommend for use with Reverse Osmosis (RO), rain, or tap water that is low in alkalinity.
- Instructions included.
- It doesn’t have a bad smell.
- Orchids sure do like it, and it makes it add back in important nutrients.
- Aside from being super easy to use, it really works like it’s been popularized.
- It absorbs moisture out of the air even if kept in a heavy plastic bag.
Orchid Food by Perfect Plants – Resealable 5oz. Bag – Slow Release Fertilizer Pellets – Suitable for All Orchid Types – Nutrients for a Healthy Phalaenopsis
Perfect Plant’s Orchid Food 14-14-14 slow-release fertilizer enhances the color and strength of your flowers.
- SLOW-RELEASE PETELLETS, 5oz – Easy, Nutrient-rich Plant Food that lasts 6 MONTHS
- EASY TO USE — Just one application releases consistent nutrients for 6 months
- 13-11-11 RATE – for Vibrant, Highly Quality Phalaenopsis – Increase Bloom Size and Color Saturation
- THREE YEAR SUPPLY — Use on a single orchid plant — Or feed multiple orchids
- Heavy-Duty, Re-sealable Bag — Ideal for Storage and Later Use
- This product is a slow-release pellet that actively puts out nutrients based on the needs of the plant.
- This multi-purpose orchid food can also be used on other plant species that thrive in acidic soils.
- Clear guidelines for usage, ease of use, as well as results.
- This stuff works better than anything else.
- slow-release pellets are better than liquid fertilizer.
- Durable packaging.
- It’s hard to place these pellets in the plant.
Most cactus lovers know that caring for an orchid is quite a bit different than caring for a standard cactus. Finally, we’ve discovered Miracle-Gro Cactus and Orchid Food, Eight Ounce, which will work wonders as fertilizer for your plant.
Orchid fertilizer should be used very sparingly. If you overfeed your orchids, the plant will turn yellow and die. Always read the package information before using a new orchid fertilizer. Be sure to apply orchid fertilizer on the soil, not on the leaves of the plant. Make sure to water your orchids slowly and deeply, rather than with a light misting.